THIS OLD COURSE INFO IS LEFT ON HERE TO SHOW THE USUAL PATTERN, WHICH HOPEFULLY WE CAN RETURN TO AFTER OUR CURRENT YEAR ON ZOOM
THE HOPE IS THAT THE 2021- 2022 COURSE WILL BE BACK IN LONDON. POSSIBLY STARTING IN THE AUTUMN & TIMED TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR THE IBLCE EXAM IN SPRING OF 2023
her popular Breastfeeding Specialist Course, one Saturday per month in LONDON. This course is timed to meet deadlines for exam entry for those wishing to sit the relevant IBLCE exam to become IBCLCs.
Off-peak train fares at weekends can make this an economical option for those who need to travel to attend.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED
from those who:
Are qualified, active practitioners in breastfeeding support.
Are booking the entire course of 12 days.
Commit to completing the substantial and time consuming homework each month.
Confirm they will be attending the first day.
Have sufficient IT skills and facilities to use email for course communication and can compose homework using MS Word etc.
Confirm they have their funding in place at the time of booking.
Have completed the Application Form in full.
THE DATES THE COURSE RUNS:
* Sat 6th JULY 2019: Exploring the Idea of Becoming a Lactation Consultant /Breastfeeding Specialist
* Sat 3rd AUG 2019: Troubleshooting Positioning and Attachment Problems
* Sat 7th SEPT 2019: Parenting Philosophies & Relationships Impacting Breastfeeding
* Sat 5th OCT 2019: Challenges of Breastfeeding Beyond the Newborn Period
* Sat 2nd NOV 2019: Skills for Counselling the Breastfeeding Mother
* Sat 7th DEC 2019: Breastfeeding in Difficult Circumstances
* Sat 4th JAN 2020: Facilitating Fantastic Breastfeeding Groups and Classes
* Sat 1st FEB 2020: Ethical Issues in Lactation
* Sat 7th MAR 2020: The Breastfeeding Family & Peer Support (new title to reflect fresh content)
* Sat 4th APR 2020: Breastfeeding Clinics and Consultations
* Sat 9th MAY 2020: Breastfeeding and Food
* Sat 6th JUNE 2020: Mock Lactation Consultant Exam and Revision Strategies
Student Central, University of London (formerly known as ULU), Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HY. (Close to Euston/Kings Cross Stations.)
MAP: London course venue MAP 2: London course venue
APPLICATION FORM: Please complete the form and return the address on the form. No payment is required at this stage. Deborah will request payment from those 24 applicants who are successful in being offered a place:
(When the course is fully booked, applications will be closed, and a ‘waiting list’ form will be available upon request from Deborah.)