BOOKING IS NOW CLOSED.
As always, Deborah is presenting her popular Breastfeeding Specialist Course, one Saturday per month in in LONDON. This course begins in JULY, timed to meet deadlines for exam entry for those wishing to sit the September 2021 exam to become IBCLCs. Off-peak train fares at weekends can make this an economical option for those who need to travel to attend.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED from those who:
- Are qualified, active practitioners in breastfeeding support.
- Are booking the entire course of 12 days.
- Commit to completing the substantial and time consuming homework each month.
- Confirm they will be attending the first day.
- Have sufficient IT skills and facilities to use email for course communication and can compose homework using MS Word etc.
- Confirm they have their funding in place at the time of booking.
- Have completed the Application Form in full.
THE DATES THE COURSE RUNS:
* Sat 4th JULY 2020: #10 Exploring the Idea of Becoming a Lactation Consultant / Breastfeeding Specialist
* Sat 1st AUG 2020: #1 Troubleshooting Positioning and Attachment Problems
* Sat 5th SEPT 2020: #2 Parenting Philosophies & Relationships Impacting Breastfeeding
* Sat 3rd OCT 2020: #3 Challenges of Breastfeeding Beyond the Newborn Period
* Sat 7th NOV 2020: #4 Skills for Counselling the Breastfeeding Mother
* Sat 5th DEC 2020: #5 Breastfeeding in Difficult Circumstances
* Sat 9th JAN 2021: #7 Facilitating Fantastic Breastfeeding Groups and Classes
* Sat 6th FEB 2021: #8 Ethical Issues in Lactation
* Sat 6th MAR 2021: #9 The Breastfeeding Family & Peer Support (NEW title to reflect new content.)
* Sat 10th APR 2021: #11 Breastfeeding Clinics and Consultations
* Sat 8th MAY 2021: #12 Breastfeeding and Food
* Sat 5th JUNE 2021: #6 Mock Lactation Consultant Exam and Revision Strategies
VENUE: SWITCH TO ZOOM
Student Central, University of London (formerly known as ULU), Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HY. (Close to Euston/Kings Cross Stations.)
MAP: London course venue
APPLICATION FORM, London 2020-21
Please click and complete the booking form, then return it following the instructions on the form.
No payment is required at this stage. Deborah will request payment from those 24 applicants who are successful in being offered a place.
(When the course is fully booked, applications will be closed, and a ‘waiting list’ form will only be available upon request from Deborah.)